Floor tile texture suggestions (add yours here!)

2nd evening “playing” OWW. So impressed already. Very relaxing and educational vs destroying a thousand mobs an hour. So cool! “Hipster Minecraft” and “a Napster moment” are both very applicable here.

Anyway, I’m no designer. I wound up creating this “night time, Japanese” gallery thing. For the outside, I’m using the Paranormal grass tiles.

One very important thing (I think) that is missing is a “T” tile for defining your path. There are double paths for both 90 degree angles and straights, along with “Y” splits (or merges).

However, I can’t blend in a set of straight path (or paths) tiles that point directly to a door.

In my scenario, I have a straight path running parallel to one exterior wall that has a double entrance. It would be cool to insert a “T” sidewalk/grass tile inline to direct visitors (so to speak, of course) to each door.

Here’s an example of what I’m talking about (where it would be nice to have a single or double “T” grass tile):

Another suggestion, based on what I’ve seen on virtual tours of Japanese art galleries, is to have floor tiles that have just a bit of water (1 inch or whatever) laying (lying?) over them. Even if your avatar can’t walk over them, it’s a great effect.

Here are a couple of examples of what I mean about water sitting on the floor tiles. The second one, surprisingly, is very near where I live in Texas. I completely understand that these types of floor tiles will be much more difficult to implement, due to reflections, etc… :smile:
japanese-floor-tiles-with-water

japanese-floor-tiles-with-water-ft-worth

Thanks OWW peeps! I’m already hooked. :slight_smile:

p.s. Maybe a lawn mower? haha Groundskeepers and custodians need to make a living, too, ya know. Could be part of the gallery expenses! :laughing:

2 Likes

I need a tile that fits here please. Also a roundabout one.

Good news we have lots of grass now and also water floors too!
Feel free to check out our Kickstarter and also our Steam page for updates we have done and plan to implement.