Pushing "Play" button does nothing?

Hi, i downloaded the game. Updated it, and now i push “play” and… nothing happens. What should i do ?

1 Like

Me too.
I’m wondering if it’s due to mine crashing at the end of extraction.

Was hoping update 1.666 would fix this - still unable to launch

ShawnieBoy, Falloutmaniak

What are your PC requirements, especially RAM and graphics card?

Minimum requirements for OWW are:
OS: Windows 7, Windows 8.1, Windows 10 (64-bit versions only)
Processor: Quad Core CPU (Intel or AMD)
Memory: 6 GB RAM
Graphics: Nvidia GTX 660, AMD Radeon 7870 (or better)
VRAM: 2GB or more
DirectX: Version 11
Network: Broadband Internet connection
Storage: 15 GB available space

Win 10 64-bit
AMD Phenom X6 3.2 Ghz
8 GB RAM
Nvidia GTX 970
DirectX 12
Have 100+GB storage space and Broadband internet

I’ve re-downloaded/installed loads of times, removing the 7.zip, installing on different drive - Still won’t launch or install without a crash. I’ve got fed up of downloading/ This is since 1.444

ShawnieBoy

We are very sorry launcher crashes for you. Usually it works better and re-installing helps.
We will update the launcher very soon so it will support proper reconnections after lots of internet connection losses.
Until launcher is not updated, please try downloading the game from here: https://s3.amazonaws.com/owwbuilds/OWWBuild_666.7z
We really hope you’ll give it a try once again!

I’ve not tried the download link, but I have downloaded the new launcher for 1.777 for another clean install.

Unfortunately, it is doing the same thing - Play button does nothing.

The only difference, is that at 100% extraction, instead of becoming unresponsive and then crashing, it closes itself instead. When re-launching, the play button does nothing,

It seems as though it is the launcher being the issue - if I go into OWWLauncher/Game/OWWBuild_###/WindowsNoEditor/Binaries/Win64 I can launch the OWW.exe manually.

Tried this with previously downloaded 1.666, 1.777 and 1.888 - and all launch fine. I can finally actually see the game running if I don’t use the Launcher at all. Not a downloading issue after all.

1 Like

Interesting,
thank you for reporting this. Happy to hear you found a work around!

PS
If you’re on Discord - let us know, you’ve just earned Entomologist status :slight_smile: