Some Ideas: Searchable Art and Gallery Open and close features

Searchable Art
I know the AI is learning to suggest art based on what you have liked previously, I like this feature it exposes me to art and artist that I have never heard of before. I think it would still be cool to have away to search for the art that you know you’d like to have in your gallery. I would really like to have a section of my gallery that is focused on Enlightenment era art; I have yet to see any pieces that would work for this section (they might be on there but the AI tends to suggest me the same art over and over again.)

Open and Close Gallery
When I am trying to find what art should go where in my gallery, the second I place down art other player models (I think most are the AI) come in and start get in the way of my planning and construction of my gallery as well as causing the program to lag. Adding a way to have your gallery open and close access to it would be very helpful, at least while people are editing their gallery.

Over all I like the program when I can get it to work

3 Likes

Hello There,
Thanks for sharing your thoughts, that’s very helpful (and interesting!).

Currently, there are about 1,000 artworks from the MET in the game, most of them 19th and 20th century art so not much Enlightment art currently. We are working to expand the collection so stay tuned…
We may add ‘search’ in the future, lets give the AI a chance, it is learning quickly.

Opening and closing galelries is a very interesting mechanic - we will consider it, can’t tell you excatly when it will be iimplemneted. We are working on making the NPC more fun and less annoying… :wink:

Thanks for the great feedback and ideas, please keep them coming!

2 Likes

I’m in agreement with @ephillips0031. Obviously in the alpha stage the game won’t be completely stable and optimized, but when you’re trying to build or place art and you have 20 AI visitors walking through, it makes it much less stable, even for small galleries.

I’m also seeing the same pieces over and over again from the AI. A search function that feeds into the AI would probably help speed the learning up once the available art gets to a large size. I know I’m a big fan of surrealism and there’s not much available currently, but I can’t tell if it’s the AI not showing them to me or the collection of art just not being big enough yet.

Either way, it’s a fantastic game, especially for only being in alpha. I’ve played betas that aren’t this functional.

1 Like

Thanks for the kind words and great ideas people,
We will adress those issues in future updates.

The AI showing the same artworks was a bug (basically DAISY cheating) - should be fixed now :wink:

I would also like to be able to close my gallery to the public, while I am editing it. I just started playing 2 days ago. I don’t want other artist judging my work, when I am not even finished. When I am editing my gallery, I only want to be open to the NPCs.

1 Like

Hi @Blackkatness - it’s a good idea that we hope to implement someday soon™ - but just a note, I don’t think any other player will ‘judge you’ for a WIP gallery…
Never happened that I’m aware of, we’re a nice community here.

Also let’s face it, true artists never finish a project they just move on to the next one… :slight_smile:

Hello, this is all part of out vision. You can also search our database using kultura and artworks can now be shared in-game chat :slight_smile:

Feel free to check out our Kickstarter and also our Steam page for updates we have done and plan to implement.

It would be nice have a filter for the time period (es sec XV, XVI, XX etc) other than by author on Kultura.

Thank for your work

One day we hope to expand and kultura and daisy in game :slight_smile: